This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

TileImageLoader.DownloadImage(Uri) changes

Nov 18, 2014 at 12:27 PM
I note that in the latest version of your control you have removed the user agent string from the HttpWebRequest that you create for downloading the tile images. This has resulted in a breakage when accessing certain services that do not like requests without a user agent.

Having looked through the code, I see no easy way (short of downloading the entire project and modifying/building for myself) of overcoming this problem; is there something that I am missing as I would prefer to continue referencing the project via nuget so that I can continue to be notified of updates.

Thanks.
Coordinator
Nov 18, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Sorry, I didn't expect that this will become a problem. I'll put the UserAgent setting back in place in the next release, which should be ready in a few days. And I'm going to make it configurable as another static property in TileImageLoader.
Nov 18, 2014 at 1:53 PM
The idea of making the user agent configurable sounds perfect to me.
Thanks for your consideration.
Coordinator
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Ok, the next release is now available. It has a public static field TileImageLoader.HttpUserAgent, which is null by default.
Marked as answer by MartinRobins on 11/20/2014 at 8:31 AM
Nov 19, 2014 at 7:32 PM
Thank you very much. I will download and try it tomorrow.
Nov 20, 2014 at 11:16 AM
That has resolved my problem thank you, however I now have another problem when changing the Map.TileLayer property which I have raised in a new discussion.