This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Wrapped MapItems

May 11, 2015 at 8:31 PM
Is there a way to draw say, a MapPolyLine so that it doesn't get cut off at the map boundries, and instead wraps around to the other side?
Coordinator
May 11, 2015 at 8:48 PM
Not sure what you mean exactly, as you haven't provided an example. But a MapPolyline won't wrap out of the box, at least not partially.
Jun 30, 2015 at 8:17 AM
I have the same problem over here. Im not able to draw a line crossing the pacific (eg. Tokyo to San Francisco) - it always takes the way over Asia.
Intersecting the line at longitude -180/180 doesn't really help, since it leads to two fragments on the map, always covering the -180 to +180 longitudal range...

An hints to get a line over this boundary?
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2015 at 9:23 AM
If you have locations in a polyline east of 180° or west of -180°, just use longitude values >180 or <180, respectively.
Jun 30, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Edited Jun 30, 2015 at 10:04 AM
Sounds intuitive... ;)
...and works very well. Thank you for the quick reply!
Jun 30, 2015 at 3:38 PM
A related problem:

Could it be, that pushpins are only displayed at one location, even if they created on earth-multiples of the longitudes?
Example:
I have a track from 'Tokyo' crossing the pacific to 'San Francisco', 'New York', 'Berlin' and forwarding to 'Tokyo' again, but only one 'Tokyo' pushpin is shown?!?
Coordinator
Jun 30, 2015 at 4:26 PM
One pushpin is obviously displayed at exactly one location. Otherwise there would have to be some magic that replicates child elements of a MapPanel. The actual viewport position is calculated so that it is nearest to the center longitude of the current map viewport.
Jul 1, 2015 at 9:16 AM
Unfortunately this logic doesn't match very well to lines crossing the pacific. The track and the pins are often an earth rotation apart.
Any hints before I try to tweak your component?
(BTW: Thanks again for your outstanding support and efforts!)
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2015 at 9:25 AM
Sorry, no. In case you're "tweaking" anything, please do not send a pull request. It will be rejected.
Coordinator
Jul 13, 2015 at 2:14 PM
@Irgendwer, I have removed your post because the code would break basic behaviour of the Map Control. Please stop this discussion.