This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

drag and drop objects on the map

Dec 25, 2014 at 2:37 PM
How to add to the map objects that can be dragged
Jan 25, 2015 at 10:27 AM
you'd have to implement it yourself. but is fairly straight forward. use the mouse-button-events to set the dragging-state, on mouse move, check if you are currently dragging and use Map.MapTransform to new location of the mouse. then offset all Locations to "move" the element on the map.

in other map controls, the Location.Latitude and Longitude can be directly altered. In this map control it seems you must replace the Location instance alltogether.
Jan 27, 2015 at 3:31 PM
You can use Blend behavior: MouseDragElementBehavior. Of course, setting a behavior in a style requires some additional coding.
Jan 27, 2015 at 3:40 PM
Edited Jan 27, 2015 at 3:44 PM
Of course, Location property has to be updated while dragging an object.
Sep 24, 2015 at 11:25 AM
Thanks. I have a library that I'm trying to use on XAML MapControl. It works on "regular" Bing Map WPF control. It's not flagging me for errors using XAML MapControl. But it's NOT "dropping" to the BingMapsTileLayer. It needs Canvas for the drag and drop behavior. How do I specify BingMapsTileLayer as the target drop?

Library is form here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/llobo/archive/2008/02/26/drag-drop-library-updated.aspx